Don't Wait Until Later: Trust God and Be Ready

 

Don't Wait Until Later: Trust God and Be Ready

Today's readings remind us of three simple things: trust God's wisdom, trust His plan, and always be ready for Him.


God's Wisdom Is Greater Than Ours

1 Corinthians 1:17–25

St Paul tells us that the Gospel must be preached according to Christ's truth, not changed to suit what people want to hear.

Sometimes the teachings of Christ may seem foolish or difficult to the world. People may ask, “Why should I follow this?” or “Why doesn't God prove Himself to me?”

In St Paul's time, the Jews demanded signs and the Greeks looked for human wisdom. But Paul gave them something completely different: Christ crucified.

The Cross looked like weakness and failure to many people. Yet through the Cross, God brought salvation to the world.

We can sometimes behave in the same way today. We may tell God:

"Show me a sign, then I will believe."

"Answer my prayer first, then I will trust You."

"Give me what I want, then I will know You are with me."

But faith means trusting God even when we don't fully understand what He is doing.

The Gospel is also meant for everyone. Our job is not to change God's message so that people will like it. We are called to share Christ faithfully and lovingly. Some may accept it, some may reject it, and others may take time to understand it.

God's wisdom will always be greater than human wisdom.

We Make Plans, but God Has the Final Say

Psalm 32(33):1–2, 4–5, 10–11

We should praise God because He is faithful, loving and trustworthy.

There is nothing wrong with making plans for our lives. We plan our work, family matters, finances, holidays and future.

But sometimes we plan everything and forget one important question:

"Lord, is this where You want me to go?"

We cannot see the whole picture, but God can.

This doesn't mean trusting God is always easy. We are human, and sometimes doubts come into our minds. We may wonder whether God is listening or whether things will work out.

That is when we can pray:

"Lord, this is what I want, but guide me according to Your will."

Our plans can change. God's purpose remains.

Don't Say, "I'll Change Later"

Matthew 25:1–13

Jesus tells the parable of the ten virgins waiting for the bridegroom.

Five were prepared. Five were not.

The message is simple:

Be ready.

We should not gamble with our relationship with God by thinking:

"I will repent later."

"I will start praying when I have more time."

"I will change when I am older."

"Jesus isn't coming today, so I still have time."

We do not know when Christ will return, and we do not know when our earthly life will end.

Being ready does not mean living every day frightened that Jesus might suddenly appear.

It means living faithfully today.

Pray. Repent when you sin. Receive the Sacraments. Forgive others. Love your neighbour. Help those in need. Keep growing closer to Christ.

Don't wait for the "perfect time" to come back to God.

We wait for the Lord. We should not expect the Lord to wait until we finally decide we are ready.

What These Readings Teach Us

Today's readings fit together beautifully:

Trust God's wisdom.
Even when the world thinks following Christ is foolish.

Trust God's plan.
Even when our own plans don't work out the way we expected.

Be ready for God.
Don't keep postponing repentance and conversion until tomorrow.

We may not understand everything God is doing in our lives.

We don't have to.

We are called to trust Him, follow Him and remain ready for Him.

Reflection Questions

  1. Do I sometimes want Christ's teachings to fit my lifestyle instead of changing my life to follow Christ?

  2. Do I demand signs from God before I am willing to trust Him?

  3. When I make important plans, do I ask God for guidance?

  4. Is there something in my life that I know I need to change but keep saying, "I'll do it later"?

  5. If Christ came today, would I be spiritually ready to meet Him?

Trust God's wisdom. Trust His plan. Follow Christ today—not someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment