Everything We Have Comes From God
1 Corinthians 4:6–15
Everything we have comes from God—our talents, blessings, opportunities, and even our faith. There is no reason for us to think we are more important than others or to boast about what we have.
Following Christ will not always be easy. Some people may think we are foolish because of our faith. We may be rejected, misunderstood, or criticised. But we should remain humble and faithful, remembering that God is with us.
Paul reminds us through his own suffering that following Christ is not about seeking honour from the world. It is about remaining faithful to God.
Psalm 144(145):17–21
The Lord is near to everyone who sincerely calls upon Him. He hears our prayers and watches over those who love Him.
Sometimes we pray for something and don't receive the answer we wanted. This doesn't mean God has abandoned us. We have to trust that God sees more than we can see and knows what is best for us.
Continue trusting Him even when you don't understand what He is doing.
Luke 6:1–5
Jesus tells us that He is Lord of the Sabbath.
The Sabbath is not simply about following rules. God gave us a day for worship, rest, and drawing closer to Him. For Christians, Sunday is the Lord's Day, when we especially come together for Mass.
But keeping the Lord's Day holy does not mean ignoring someone who needs our help. Works of mercy and necessary responsibilities can still be done.
Jesus teaches us to understand the purpose behind God's commandments instead of following rules without love or mercy.
Reflection
Everything we have comes from God, so let us remain humble.
When others reject us because we follow Christ, let us remain faithful.
When our prayers are not answered the way we expected, let us continue trusting God.
And when we follow God's commandments, let us do so with love, mercy, and a sincere heart.
Reflection Questions
Do I remember that everything I have is ultimately a gift from God?
Am I afraid of being rejected or judged because I follow Christ?
Can I trust God when my prayers are not answered the way I want?
Do I truly make Sunday a day for God?
Do I follow God's commandments with love, or only because they are rules?
Lord Jesus, keep me humble, help me trust You, and give me the grace to remain faithful even when following You is difficult. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment